Black Mold Remediation in Florida, NY
We are the best at water damage repair and mold remediation. When water damage affects your property, we’ll thoroughly finish the job so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We answer quickly, no matter what time it is, so the damage doesn’t escalate while you wait.
- Licensed professionals have the knowledge to carefully and expertly accomplish water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s comprehensive resolution includes structural drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial procedures.
- Specialized equipment and technology identifies the source and quarantines the spot, averting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
If you own a home, water damage leading to black mold is one of your greatest nightmares. It is a toxin-producing fungus that sneaks in unnoticed, and then consumes the property. Mold is all around us – indoors and out – just waiting for the environment it needs to settle down and multiply. Microscopic spores can lie inactive almost indefinitely, until they find dark, dank areas to set up shop. The toxins in black mold can be deadly to humans and animals. It belongs to a group of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as harmful.
Information about Mold
Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a Paul Davis technicianheck the walls for mold infestations. They can go ignored for weeks, and then spring up practically overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your living space, it quickly grows and releases toxins that make life miserable for occcupants:
- Mold emanates a strong, mildewed odor that stops rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological problems or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be subject to mold infestations even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion right away.
If you want to eradicate mold, the setting where it thrives must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can saturate hidden sections of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
What We Do
- Our team will scrutinize the area and evaluate visible and unseen damage instigated by water and mold, and what must be done to stop further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t disperse to wider areas.
- We use sophisticated air filtration techniques to eliminate spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any materials that have been infested with it, and then we administer antimicrobial substances to dispose of the remaining mold.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes exterminating that awful, musty odor.
- We return the property to its original state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no process can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unfavorable to mold as possible.
Call Paul Davis of Florida right away. Whether it’s your living space or your business environment that has been conceded, our prompt, thorough, expertly trained technicians will take care of your water and mold damage. We’ll work with you to return things to normal.